PHOTO AND VIDEO SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
How To Participate:
To have a photo or video considered for use on “The Vampire Diaries Rehash” participants must follow these steps:
- Read all of the instructions, guidelines and conditions below.
- It is recommended you follow @CWTVD on Twitter, The Vampire Diaries on Facebook, or @TheCWTVD on Instagram. This will make it easier for us to get in touch with you regarding your submission if necessary.
- Create, upload and share your video, still photo or animation on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Vine or Tumblr. You must include the tag #PickMeTVD in your post or we cannot use it. The post, and your social media account must be set for public viewing.
Important Terms and Conditions:
By tagging your publicly shared video, photo or animation with #PickMeTVD you are indicating your consent to the following guidelines and grants of license:
- This is not a contest or sweepstakes. By submitting a video or videos, participant grants The CW Network, LLC and their successors, assigns and licensees, a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to transform, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, transmit, publish, broadcast, perform, display, or otherwise use the video footage, photo or animation, with or without modifications, in any form or medium whether now existing or later developed.
- Participant understands and agrees that Participant shares the video, photo or animation at their sole risk and is therefore responsible for any claims arising from the submission, specifically including, but not limited to, claims for intellectual property infringement and privacy rights violations, as well as violations of the terms of service of any third-party social media service or application.
- Participant hereby grants permission for the use of their publicly viewable social media account name (or nickname) to be used in reference to the submission and to be posted on the CW Network website or other websites and social media platforms for public view.
- The participant and all persons appearing in the submitted video, photo or animation must be at least 18 years old or the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, as of date of creation of the submission.
- The participant must have approval from any persons appearing in the video, photo or animation and the participant must be able to provide express written consent of every such person appearing in the submission, if requested.
- Each submission:
- Must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including copyright infringement, or legal or moral rights of any third party, living or deceased;
- Must not include any personally identifiable information, such as an participant’s full name, address, email address or telephone number;
- Must not contain images or artwork, music or other materials not created by the participant;
- Must not contain any logos, brand names or trademarks;
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that is fraudulent, inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous or otherwise objectionable;
- Must not contain content that promotes, suggests, or encourages illegal or harmful activity including, but not limited to, the use of firearms/weapons/ammunition, illegal drugs, prostitution, pornography, nudity, profanity or other adult content, violence, gambling or the use of alcohol or tobacco products.
- Must not contain any viruses, spyware, malware, or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way;
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, political orientation, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, or age; and
- Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the submission is created.
- This is not a contest or sweepstakes. The CW Network LLC and their successors, assigns and licensees and contracted production companies and service providers are under no obligation to use the participant’s submission, nor are they obligated to provide any notification to the participant in regards to status of the submission, its qualification or use.
How to get yourself Rehashed: Tips for success
- The Vampire Diaries Re#ash highlights the best of what you have to say about the latest supernatural drama in Mystic Falls. We’re excited to make our awesome, creative and energetic TVD fans an even bigger part of the show. Here are a few tips when it comes to creating and sharing your videos and photos with us:
- Get inspired - Make sure you’re following us so you know what we’re looking for. Not only will we be suggesting themes or announcing missions, but you can see what everyone’s talking about on #TVD and make it the subject of your video or photo.
- Act fast - We begin collecting fan tweets, captions and other material for The Re#ash right after each new episode of The Vampire Diaries is broadcast, and in 24 hours it’s a done deal and waiting to be released after the weekend. So if you’ve got an idea that’s timely, hop to it! But we don’t have a “deadline” where we toss everything. We’ll hang onto good submissions for the future.
- Keep vids short and sweet - The Re#ash moves fast. The most usable vids and pics will get their message across quickly. Vine gives you six seconds, see if you can do it in four. One big exception to this guideline would be extreme awesomeness. Making a lifelike replica of the Salvatore Mansion out of mashed potatoes in stop-motion? Go nuts!
- Tech Tips: Clear and steady shots are a lot easier to use. Keep the important stuff right in the center of the frame. Keep it Close - a medium shot (sort of from the belly up) or close up (head and shoulders) looks the best. Keep it Steady - A cool trick when self shooting: use a door frame to keep the camera level and steady at arms length. Or get a mini tripod. Keep it Bright - Shoot outdoors or in good lighting. Keep lights or windows out of your background.
- Stuff we can’t use: Don’t Vine your TV - Yeah Yeah everyone does it. But we’ve seen the show, we want to see you!
- Avoid photos, artwork, logos and brands - on your shirt, on your shelf, on your wall. We could blur your stuff, but motion tracking a bunch of blurs onto your impressive collection of Team Damon merchandise, sucks.
- Be an Original, Luv. - We can’t accept recycled or retweeted material. You must be the creator. No Music - Turn down the Katy Perry before you shoot. Yes, you can sing! But make it your own original tune and lyrics.