The CW Television Network
Jane the Virgin - Fan Artwork Contest
NO PURCHASE OR WIRELESS DEVICE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. CONTEST OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES, PUERTO RICO AND/OR CANADA (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) 13 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT DATE OF ENTRY INTO CONTEST. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, ALL US TERRITORIES AND POSSESSIONS AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. IF YOU ARE ACCESSING THIS PROMOTION USING YOUR WIRELESS DEVICE, DATA RATES MAY APPLY.
Sponsor, Administrator & Prize Provider: CBS Broadcasting Inc. ("CBS"), 51 West 52nd Street, New York, NY 10019; CBS Interactive Inc. ("CBSI"), 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309 and CW TV (“CW TV”), 3300 West Olive Ave, 3rd Floor, Burbank, CA 91505.
Contest Entities: CBS, CW TV, CBS Studios, Warner Brothers, Eye Productions Inc and CBSI.
THIS CONTEST IS NOT SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY TWITTER. Data rates may apply when participating, see Section 1 below for details.
1. Acceptance of Rules. By entering the "Jane the Virgin - Fan Artwork Contest" (the "Contest") which is operated on the CW page in the social web site Twitter, accessible at the domain "twitter.com/JaneWriters" (the "Twitter Service"); you hereby accept and agree to these official rules (the "Official Rules") of this Contest, and the decisions of the Administrator in connection with this Contest, whose decisions are final.
If you are a wireless service subscriber and have a smart phone, tablet or other wireless device that allows you to access this Contest, you may also enter the Contest via any of those devices during the Contest Period (as defined below). If you choose to enter via a wireless device, you may be charged data rates according to the Terms and Conditions of your Service Agreement with your wireless carrier. Each wireless carrier's rate plan may vary, and participants should contact their wireless carrier for information on rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest. Mobile and wireless service is offered on an 'as is' basis, may not be available in all areas at all times, and may not continue to work in the event of product, software, coverage or other service changes made by your wireless carrier. Your wireless service carrier may change or discontinue your service, may charge you additional amounts at any time by giving you prior notice and/or it may discontinue service if you disagree to additional charges.
2. Eligibility. This Contest is offered and open to persons who are: (a) Registered Users; (b) residents of the United States, Puerto Rico and/or Canada (excluding Quebec); and (c) 13 years old or older at the date of entry into this Contest. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Registered User(s)" means a person that has successfully completed the registration form and has obtained a User Identification ("ID"), an associated password ("Password") and is a follower of the Twitter Service; there is no fee associated with becoming a Twitter Service registrant. Employees and directors, and their immediate family members, of the Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies are not eligible to participate in this Contest. For purpose of the foregoing "immediate family" means parents, spouses, children, siblings or any members of the same households of such employees and directors. This Contest is void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions and where prohibited by law.
3. Promotion Period. The Contest begins on August 24, 2015 at 3:00 PM PT and ends at 11:59:59 PM PT on August 31, 2015 (the "Contest Period").
4. Entering: To enter this Contest , if not already, become a Registered User (as specified above), upload an image ("Photo") of participant's original artwork in connection with the Jane the Virgin - Fan Artwork Contest with the hash-tag #JTVFanArt during the Contest Period and you will receive an entry into the Contest.
Limit one unique entry per person during the Contest Period; users who exceed the limit may be disqualified.
- a. must be suitable for presentation in a public forum, in the sole determination of the Contest Entities;
- b. must not include threats to any person, place, business, group or world peace;
- c. except for the topic provided by the Contest Entities herein, must not include thoughts, ideas, lyrics, music, sound recordings, video works, audio-visual works, if applicable (other than as provided herein) or any creative element other than the criteria set forth herein;
- d. must satisfy all eligibility requirements set forth herein; and may be in any lanuage (if any type of writing appears in the Promotion Entry) and shall not be disparaging, abusive, sexually explicit, sexually suggestive, offensive, illegal, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, indecent, in bad taste, reflect negatively on the Contest Entities (or any of them), promote or incite violence, terrorism, or illegal acts, or be otherwise objectionable (all as determined by the Contest Entities in their sole discretion). Additionally, the Photo (the "Promotion Entry") must not: i) infringe any third party's rights, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, right of publicity, right of privacy or trade secret and, must not in any way violate applicable laws and regulations; and ii) contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service or contain or reference any third party names, logos, service marks, trademarks, trade names or trade dress.
The determination of whether a Promotion Entry violates any of the above requirements shall be at the Contest Entities' sole discretion. If a Promotion Entry is deemed by the Contest Entities to violate any such requirement(s), the Promotion Entry shall be disqualified and the Participant shall not be eligible to win the prize. By sending your Promotion Entry, you grant the Contest Entities a perpetual, worldwide, royalty free license to publish and perform publicly the Promotion Entry on the CW Service and such other media and platforms as the Contest Entities may determine with no compensation to you. Contest Entities reserve the right to reproduce the Promotion Entry in full (or to not reproduce any particular Promotion Entry at all), or edit and enhance the Promotion Entry at their discretion. Contest Entities are authorized to use or not use the Promotion Entry as they see fit, including usage in advertising. All Promotion Entries uploaded will not be returned to Participant.
- e. Must contain the hash-tag #JTVFanArt when submitting your Promotion Entry.
- f. Promotion Entry must be in one of the following formats: .jpeg; .gif; .png or .pdf
5. Grand Prize: The Sweepstakes will award one (1) grand prize (the "Prize"). The Prize consists of one (1) Jane the Virgin script signed by selected writers from the CW show, "Jane The Virgin" and Gina Rodriguez; one (1) white Miami-esque clutch; and Winner's artwork shown on @JaneWriter Twitter account, @CWJaneTheVirgin Twitter account, the JTV Facebook account and/or any other social media sites (at sole discretion of Sponsor). The Prize has an approximate retail value of Eighty Dollars (US$ 80.00).
6. Prize Restrictions. No certificate of authenticity available on autographs. No assignment, transfer, conversion to cash or cash redemption or substitution of the Prize is permitted, except Administrator reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of comparable or greater value should the Prize become unavailable. Prize is solely for personal use and may not be used in conjunction with any other promotion. All Prize details are at the sole discretion of the Contest Entities.
7. Winner Selection/Judging/Notification. On or about September 7, 2015, a team of judges comprised of “Jane the Virgin” show writers (the "Judging Panel") will judge all eligible Promotion Entries received. The Judging Panel will judge such eligible Promotion Entries based on equal weighing of the following criteria: originality, humor, connection to theme and creativity. The Judging Panel will select one (1) winner based on the criteria herein. The decisions of the Judging Panel and Administrator are final and binding in all respects. In the event the exact same Promotion Entry is submitted, the participant that submitted their Promotion Entry first (according to time stamp) will be deemed the eligible Promotion Entry. The potential winner (the "Winner") will be notified through their Twitter handle through their Twitter social media account. Potential Winner will be asked to provide their personal information such as their name, physical address, date of birth and phone number in order to confirm eligibility and compliance with these official rules. If a potential Winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days from the first notification attempt, such person may be disqualified, with an alternate Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules. Administrator will only select one (1) alternate Winner. If no contact has been made with such alternate after a reasonable effort has been made during three (3) business days, such Prize shall not be awarded.
8. Prize Taxes. All federal, state, local and other tax liabilities arising from this Contest, including, without limitation, winning the Prize, will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
9. Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release and Publicity Release. Winner may be required to complete, execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively, the "Release Forms") within three (3) days of notification of winning along with a W-9 tax form. Failure to return Release Forms in a timely manner, or if the Prize notification or Prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if Winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, may result in disqualification with an alternate Winner selected in accordance with these Official Rules.
10. Publicity Release Terms. Except where prohibited by law, a Winner's acceptance of a Prize constitutes permission for the Contest Entities to use Winner's name, photograph, likeness, statements, Promotion Entry, biographical information, voice, and address (city and state) worldwide and in all forms of media, in perpetuity, without further compensation.
11. Improper Conduct. Administrator, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Contest, and refuse to award the Prize, if entrant engages in any conduct Administrator deems to be improper, unfair or otherwise adverse to the operation of the Contest or detrimental to other entrants of the Contest. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entrant registration or Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated herein, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use entrant's personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs in connection with this Contest. Winner agrees that Administrator may void any part of a Prize that a Winner may have won and/or require the return of any part of the Prize that a Winner may have won as a result of such improper conduct. Winner further acknowledges that any forfeiture of a Prize and/or return of a Prize shall in no way prevent Administrator from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct. WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, EACH OF THE CONTEST ENTITIES RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
12. Integrity of Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which Administrator, in its sole opinion believes could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Administrator reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest and select the Winner from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Administrator may deem fair and appropriate.
13. Lost or Corrupted Entries. The Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, lost, late, incomplete, corrupted, stolen, misdirected, illegible or postage due entries or mail, if applicable; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information. The Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotion agencies, are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by registration information submitted by end users or tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Contest, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Contest.
14. Damaged Property. Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, injury or damage to any entrants or to any other person's computer or property related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from this Contest.
15. Contest Errors. The Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you hereby forever waive any rights to any claim in connection with, errors and/or ambiguity: (a) in the Contest; (b) in any related advertising or promotion of this Contest; and/or (c) in these Official Rules. In the event of any ambiguity(s) or error(s) in these Official Rules, Administrator reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes or to correct any such ambiguity or error (s) without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest.
16. Prize and Winner. The Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and advertising and promotion agencies, assume no liability and are not responsible for, and you/entrant hereby forever waive/s any rights to any claim in connection with, the selection and announcement of the Winner, the distribution of the Prize, the acceptance/possession and/or use/misuse of any part of the Prize and/or any injury or damage to any entrant's or third person's property related to or resulting from any part of the Prize or any part of this Contest.
17. Release and Indemnity. Each entrant in this Contest, including, without limitation, the Winner, hereby release and agree to hold harmless the Contest Entities and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, participation in this Contest and participation in any activity related to this Contest.
18. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL THE CONTEST ENTITIES, THEIR PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE CONTEST. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
19. Disclaimer of Warranties. THE CONTEST AND PRIZE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
20. Identity Disputes. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address or wireless phone number, the winning entry will be declared made by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address and/or phone number submitted at time of registration into the Twitter website used for entry into the Contest. For purposes of these Official Rules, "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
21. Binding Arbitration. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules and/or this Contest. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or this Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the State of New York, in the City of New York and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered into any court having jurisdiction thereof.
22. Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This promotion is governed by US law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Administrator in connection with this Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without giving effect to the conflict of laws rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 21 of these Official Rules and/or for entering any judgment on an arbitration award, shall take place in the State of New York, in the City of New York.
23. Winners List/Official Rules. For the name of the Prize Winner send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by September 30, 2015 to "Winner's list, Jane the Virgin – Fan Artwork Contest" c/o CBS Interactive Inc., 1401 W. Cypress Creek Road, Suite 200, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
For Official Rules send a self-addressed stamped envelope to the above address marked "Jane the Virgin - Fan Artwork Contest" for receipt by September 30, 2015. Residents of VT may omit postage on the self addressed envelope. The full name of the Winner may be posted and the Official Rules will be posted on CWTV.com at: cwtv.com/thecw/jtv-fan-art-contest-rules.