“Supernatural Season 10 Special Promotion”
Supernatural's 10th Season is on the way, and The CW is celebrating with a primetime special. To make this special really special, we want your help!
We're looking for displays of your passion for Supernatural, in pictures or videos. Do you have some prized convention photos or videos of you with Jared and Jensen? Or of that time you won a Castiel costume contest? Maybe you have an anti-possession tattoo you want to show off, some elaborate fan art to share, or you are dying to perform an original Supernatural ballad on your ukulele? Whether it's simply a picture with your favorite actor or a video of something absolutely buckets of crazy, we want to see your demonstrations of Supernatural fandom (we think).
From your submissions, we will select material to be included in The Supernatural Season 10 Special, broadcast initially on The CW, October 6, 2014. Your fan-generated media will help us demonstrate how the passion of Supernatural fans is like no other.
How To Participate:
To have a photo or video considered for use in "The Supernatural Season 10 Special" participants must follow these steps:
- Read all of the instructions, guidelines and conditions below.
- It is recommended you follow the account @CW_SPN on Twitter or The CW on Facebook. This will make it easier for us to get in touch with you regarding your submission if necessary.
- Create, upload and share your video, still photo or animation on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Vine or Tumblr. You must include the tag #CWSPN10 in your post or we cannot use it. The post, and your social media account must be set for public viewing.
Important Terms and Conditions:
You will not be compensated for your submissions, nor will you receive compensation or credit even if we use your photos and/or videos in the special.
By tagging your publicly shared video, photo or animation with #CWSPN10 you are indicating your consent to the following guidelines and grants of license:
- This is not a contest or sweepstakes. By submitting photos or videos, participant grants The CW Network, LLC, Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., and their successors, assigns and licensees, a perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free license to transform, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, transmit, publish, broadcast, perform, display, or otherwise use the video footage, photo or animation, with or without modifications, in any form or medium whether now existing or later developed.
- Participant understands and agrees that Participant shares the video, photo or animation at their sole risk and is therefore responsible for any claims arising from the submission, specifically including, but not limited to, claims for intellectual property infringement and privacy rights violations, as well as violations of the terms of service of any third-party social media service or application.
- Participant hereby grants permission for the use of their publicly viewable social media account name (or nickname) to be used in reference to the submission and to be posted on the CW Network website or other websites and social media platforms for public view.
- The participant and all persons appearing in the submitted video, photo or animation must be at least 18 years old or the age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence, as of date of creation of the submission.
- The participant must have approval from any persons appearing in the video, photo or animation and the participant must be able to provide express written consent of every such person appearing in the submission, if requested.
- Each submission:
- Must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including, but not limited to, privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including copyright infringement, or legal or moral rights of any third party, living or deceased;
- Must not include any personally identifiable information, such as an participant's full name, address, email address or telephone number;
- Must not contain images or artwork, music or other materials not created by the participant;
- Must not contain any logos, brand names or trademarks;
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that is fraudulent, inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, libelous or otherwise objectionable;
- Must not contain content that promotes, suggests, or encourages illegal or harmful activity including, but not limited to, the use of firearms/weapons/ammunition, illegal drugs, prostitution, pornography, nudity, profanity or other adult content, violence, gambling or the use of alcohol or tobacco products.
- Must not contain any viruses, spyware, malware, or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way;
- Must not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, political orientation, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, or age; and
- Must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the submission is created.
- This is not a contest or sweepstakes. The CW Network LLC and their successors, assigns and licensees and contracted production companies and service providers are under no obligation to use the participant's submission, nor are they obligated to provide any notification to the participant in regards to status of the submission, its qualification or use.
How to get yourself in Primetime: Tips for success
- The Season 10 Special will highlight the best of what makes Supernatural awesome. That includes its creative and energetic fans! Here are a few tips when it comes to creating and sharing your videos and photos with us:
- If you've ever met somebody from the cast, and have visual proof... we want to see it! If you have an amazing story about the encounter... we want to hear it!
- Get inspired – If Supernatural has ever sparked your creativity, please share it with the world. Costumes, art, music... show us what you got. As long as it's original, of course.
- Act fast - We begin collecting fan-generated media on 8/11/14, and one week later on 8/18/14, it's a done deal. So if you've got something to share, or you have a mind-blowing idea especially for this special, hop to it! But we don't have a "deadline" where we toss everything. We'll hang onto good submissions for the future.
- Keep vids short and sweet - The hour-long special is actually under an hour (you know, commercials and stuff). And most of the show will be favorite scenes and Jared and Jensen talking. So the most usable vids and pics will get their message across quickly. Vine gives you six seconds, see if you can do it in four. And we won't even promise we would use your video in its entirety. Unless, of course, its awesomeness makes cutting even a frame impossible.
- Tech Tips: Clear and steady shots are a lot easier to use. Keep the important stuff right in the center of the frame. Keep it Close - a medium shot (sort of from the belly up) or close up (head and shoulders) looks the best. Keep it Steady - A cool trick when self shooting: use a door frame to keep the camera level and steady at arms length. Or get a mini tripod. Keep it Bright - Shoot outdoors or in good lighting. Keep lights or windows out of your background.
- Stuff we can't use: photos where a third party (i.e. not you) owns the copyright, artwork, logos and brands - on your shirt, on your shelf, on your wall. But wait, you say! "I have a great photo with Misha outside a Coffee Bean in Santa Monica. There are logos everywhere! Are my hopes crushed?" Okay... if you captured a once in a lifetime moment like this, send it. If its awesomeness is undeniable, we'll deal with it. But for all of you shooting something new, take heed.
- Same goes for Music. Yes, you can sing! But make it your own original tune and lyrics.
© 2014 The CW Network, LLC. All rights reserved.